UK legislation sets out clear responsibilities for all organisations for health and safety. Our experienced consultants provide practical and pragmatic hands-on support in meeting your obligations.
We provide a range of support services including:
- Inspections, tours and audits
- Risk assessments
A written health and safety policy is a legal requirement for any organisation with five or more employees. It must include three main aspects: statement of intent, responsibilities and arrangements.
Through developing an understanding and appreciation for your business, our consultants will provide you a concise, easy-to-read and value-adding health and safety policy that will help define a positive, proactive safety culture.
An organisation must have documented arrangements in place for planning, training, implementing, controlling and monitoring health and safety measures.
Our consultants have a wealth of experience across a number of manufacturing and service industries ensuring we can deliver you a tailored health and safety manual including:
- Health and safety policy
- Communication strategies
- Risk assessment procedures and templates
- Manual handling risk assessment documentation and records
- COSHH risk assessment documentation and records
- Accident and incident procedures
- Investigation procedures
- Standard operating procedures
- Machinery and equipment registers, start-up check sheets, maintenance logs
- Permit to work procedures
- Skills, competency and training matrices and assessments
- Sub-contractor assessment documentation.
Risk assessments are a fundamental part of an organisation’s health and safety obligations and form one of the most important steps in proactive preventative measures.
The HSE identify a five-step process for risk assessments:
- Identify the hazards
- Decide who might be harmed and how
- Evaluate the risks and decide on precautions
- Record your significant findings
- Review your assessment and update if necessary.
We can support you with the design and implementation of appropriate risk assessment procedures, forms and registers promoting a positive health and safety culture, increasing employee engagement and reducing incident rates.
We can provide specific risk assessments as required for COSHH, manual handling, and fire assessments.
Inspections, tours and audits
Health and safety tours, inspections and audits are an essential part of any organisation’s ongoing management of risks. Regular tours demonstrate top down commitment, encourage communication and continuous improvement ideas and ensure health and safety philosophies remain embedded throughout the organisation.
Performing thorough inspections on a regular basis allows you to control potential hazards and prevent near misses escalating into accidents.
We provide a full range of observation and inspection services from one-off site visits to regular inspection services and trend tracking. Our inspection reports include:
- Observations, including hazards identified
- Risk evaluation
- Recommendations for correction and improvement.
Our NEBOSH-qualified consultants can provide auditing services for businesses of any size. Working in a collaborative and constructive way, we will assess performance against both internal procedures and legal requirements, providing detailed reports including:
- Observations including good practice, areas for improvement, non-conformances
- Action plans including corrective actions, improvement actions, appropriate timescales
- Re-audit schedule.
We provide both one-off ad-hoc support and ongoing retention support for all your health and safety requirements.